Over 130 happy students since 2011.
everything you need to become
a bona fide tango dancer:
- Access to more than 40 hours of tango instruction & dancing every month
- Structured curriculum with clear goals and milestones
- Individualized guidance via private lessons
- Purposeful integration with a community of experienced dancers.
I absolutely needed the cumulative structure, the immersion, the camaraderie, the commitment, the focused, ongoing attention from a patient and sensitive teacher.
-Sarah (Tango Challenge graduate)
What you pay
$100 now to reserve your spot;
$287/month for 3 months starting first day of challenge
Challenge Tuition includes a full Oxygen Membership
The Tango Challenge was created and is coached by Oxygen Tango founders Mitra Martin and Stefan Fabry.
What else do I need to know?
5-8 total hours a week, including independent work.
- Attend your weekly Challenge lab - day of week chosen by group consensus
- Attend 1 class and 1 practica, on either Thursday or Sunday, at Oxygen each week
- Complete your independent projects and weekly online journal on own time
- A pair of appropriate shoes for Tango dancing that you get before the course begins
- An internet-enabled computer and an ability to listen to digital music
- Required course materials including music and books we recommend, up to $55
- Tickets for milonga field trip outings with team, around $35
- Passion, discipline, curiosity, openness, and enthusiasm!
The Tango Challenge gave me a sound tango foundation in the mechanics of tango movement, mind/body awareness, and, most importantly, set me on a path of continual learning of this dance."
-Shane (Tango Challenge graduate)