The Tango Challenge
An intensive 12 week initiation into social tango dancing
$150 monthly tuition includes everything you need to become a bona fide tango dancer:
- An Oxygen monthly pass ($100 value) with over 60 hours of tango instruction & dancing every month.
- A special weekly course on tango survival skills with Oxygen founder Mitra Martin.
- A weekly practice buddy, with a few years of dancing experience, to help you get started dancing socially.
- A monthly private lesson with an Oxygen teacher.
- A graduation performance (optional).
NEXT CHALLENGE STARTS SEP 1, 2018
I absolutely needed the cumulative structure, the immersion, the camaraderie, the commitment, the focused, ongoing attention from a patient and sensitive teacher.
-Sarah (Tango Challenge graduate)
The Tango Challenge gave me a sound tango foundation in the mechanics of tango movement, mind/body awareness, and, most importantly, set me on a path of continual learning of this dance."
-Shane (Tango Challenge graduate)
What you pay
$85 registration fee to reserve your spot
$150/month starting first day of challenge
(Challenge Tuition includes a full $100 Oxygen Membership)
Not sure if the challenge is right for you? Contact us at (310) 737-8438 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you find the best way into tango for you.
What else do I need to know?
4-7 total hours a week, including independent work.
- Attend your weekly Challenge group meeting on Sundays at 6pm
- Attend 2 classes and 2 practicas at Oxygen each week
- Complete your independent projects on own time
What You'll Need
- A pair of appropriate shoes for Tango dancing that you get before the course begins
- An internet-enabled computer and an ability to listen to digital music
- Tickets for milonga field trip outings with team & books we recommend, around $35
- Passion, discipline, curiosity, openness, and enthusiasm!